What is ELEVATE?
CEE’s mission is to promote and support effective learning for all UC Davis students. In fulfillment of its mission, CEE is offering the E-Learning for Equity, InnoVation, and Teaching Effectiveness (ELEVATE) Fellows Program, a year-long program designed to support the creation of new, innovative elearning environments (e.g., hybrid and online courses) and guide the transformation of face-to-face courses into hybrid courses, based on learner-centered, evidence-based online teaching practices and with a particular focus on promoting learning for all students and bridging the opportunity gap for underserved students.
Who can apply?
The ELEVATE Fellows program is open to all Academic Senate faculty members and instructors.
ELEVATE Applications for the 2018-2019 cohort open Monday, October 1, 2018. Applications will close on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 5 pm. Please follow the ELEVATE application guidelines.
Please note: Applicants will need a Letter of Support from their Department Chair and a Letter of Approval from their Management Services Officer (MSO) or financial officer. A template for the Chair's Letter of Support can be found here: Chair’s Letter of Support Template, and a template for the Management Services Officer’s Letter of Approval can be found here: MSO’s Letter of Approval Template.
What are the benefits of being an ELEVATE Fellow?
- Intensive professional development in learner-centered and digital pedagogies, instructional strategies, and reflective practice on teaching for equity and inclusivity
- Individualized support from CEE and ATS
- Funding to support each Fellow’s hybrid course redesign
What does an ELEVATE Fellow do?
- Redesign your course and receive individualized feedback from CEE and ATS consultants
- Collaborate with colleagues in an eight-part workshop series (workshops held during Winter & Spring 2019)
- Teach the redesigned course, starting in Fall 2019
- Share your project with the campus community (e.g., CEE’s 2019 SoTL Conference)